Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heart Attack Man!



O.k., I didn't really have a heart attack but I almost did (metaphorically speaking). I was sitting at my computer and I hear a mans voice saying "Are those your dogs? Someones dogs are out". I knew that the handy man was painting the doors so all I could think was that the dogs must have snuck into the house and then snuck out an open door. So I ran downstairs and sure enough the handy man + a neighbor are standing outside watching Calvin + Toni dart back + forth between the neighbors yards.

This is not the first time either dog has escaped but it was the first time they escaped from the new house. So I did what any sane person would do and started shouting "Hot Dog" at the top of my lungs. Thank God the 2 little devils came running right into the house. Unfortunately, I didn't have any hot dogs for them but they did get some cheese.

It turns out that they had dug a hole under the fence. So now wire mesh will need to be added to the bottom of the 6 foot stockade fence. Since the dogs couldn't go back outside and they couldn't stay inside (as the doors were still wet + had no locks) they got banished to the basement with bully sticks. So the little devils had a pretty good day and are safe + sound with full little bully bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment